Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conversations in the Car

So we are in our car on a road trip to Moreno Valley to spend Easter weekend with my husband's parents. My husband is doing the driving so I am gazing out the window. Soon, I spot a mountain sprinkled with bright golden California Poppies. Now my husband happens to love history and is just a wealth of knowledge. . . so I ask him. . .

Me: Is it true that it's ilegal to pick California Poppies?
Hubby: Yes, actually, it is the state flower so yes, it's ilegal to pick those.
Me: Really, wow, I've heard that before but I didn't know if it was true.

I think to myself as I gaze out the window. . .
I don't know anyone who ever went to prison for picking California Poppies. . . then again, I have never seen anyone with a fist full of California Poppies.

Hmmm, I guess no one has ever been prosecuted for picking poppies however, no one picks them. . .people just respect the law. . . .Boggles the mind.

These are the random conversations we have in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment