Sunday, January 24, 2010

Body Image



I occasionally (always) shower with my 6 year old "baby girl". Now, you and I both know that at the age of 6, baby girl should be more than capable of showering on her own. But I have two objectives in mind:
Objective #1. Time management
Objective #2. Save some water for the fish

Now baby girl and I have our regular routine each morning, I wake her up and convince her that she needs a shower. (check)

She follows me into the bathroom. (check)
I get undressed to get into the shower, baby girl follows suit. (check,check)
. . . only today I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Ughh. . .I need to add a few words to my vocabulary (diet, gym, pilates, etc. etc.)

I enter the shower and continue our routine, squeeze a palm full of shampoo into my hand and then into baby girl's. (check)

I brush my teeth and hand baby girl her toothbrush. (check)

I wash up and pass baby girl her scrubby and the javon. (check)

me: okay mamas, are you almost ready?
baby girl: yes, but Mommy, . . .did you know that Ade's boobs are bigger than yours?
me: Ughh, thanks sweetie, that really made Mommy's day. . . . Maybe it's time you start showering on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment